The Stage A course is aimed to provide basic knowledge of the different freediving categories, the important rules of behavior and the safest way to perform freediving while allowing the fastest improvement.
Duration: two and a half days.
Max depth: 20m
The course includes:
2-4 Theory sessions (2-4 hours a day)
2 open water dives (Max’ 20m)
1 dynamic session (wet).
1 static session.
To enroll in the Stage A course the applicant must:
Be 16 years old or over (Under 18 with a written & approved letter from parents)
Be able to swim 200m without fins, non-stop in less than 8 minutes
Be able to sustain themselves for 10 minutes in the water without fins
The subjects covered in the course:
- The basic principals of FreeDiving.
- Breathing techniques – Breathing, Hyper, Hypo & Proper Ventilation.
- Breathing as a preparation for a dive or a static breath hold.
- 11 basic safety rules.
- Effects of the water environment on the diver – depth, pressure, altered sense perception.
- Physiology of FreeDiving – Air spaces, Breathing, cardio-vascular/respiratory system.
- Equalisation techniques – Valsalva (mentioning of frenzel)
- Technique – duck dive, foot work, turns.
- Equipment for FreeDiving.
- Improving breath hold.
- Relaxation for FreeDiving.
- Basics of FreeDiving emergencies (emphasis on shallow water blackout & samba) and the proper response.
- Basic Nutrition for good performance.
- Stretching for FreeDiving
The price includes full equipment, training photography and Apnea International certification.